The Jackson In Action Foundation was founded in 2012 by Vincent Jackson, a three-time NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver with the Tampa Bay Bucs. The son of military personnel, Vincent wanted to help deployed parents deal with the challenges of long distance parenting. Fully incorporated in November 2012, the foundation’s long-term goal is to be a comprehensive resource for military families facing deployment.
- Vincent was selected for his third NFL Pro Bowl appearance.
- JIA83 and the Tampa Bay Lightning teamed up for a Military Night at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
- Vincent traveled on a USO Tour with former American Idol contestants Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo, along with Peyton Manning and Curt Schilling. The group visited eight military bases in five days.
- Irish 31 Pub House and Eatery hosted the Salute to Service Night fundraiser featuring Vincent as a guest server.
- The inaugural JIA83 Golf Tournament kicked off with appearances by Montel Williams, Josh Freeman, James Lofton, and several retired Three-Star Generals and Admirals.
- Fully accredited by IRS as a charitable foundation 501c(3)
- Vincent purchased over 250 game tickets to allow military families to celebrate their reunion at home games of Tampa Bay’s various sports franchises.
- On Veteran’s Day, Vincent authored an editorial for the Tampa Bay Times officially launching the Jackson In Action 83 Foundation.
- Reunion of Sgt. Austin Story celebrated on FOX television
- Vincent promoted the three pillars of the foundation’s mission by speaking on emotional, educational, and physical health during a public appearance at Tinker Elementary School.
- Worldwide Technologies and McDinton’s Irish Pub hosted the first foundation fundraiser